Wedding card for Cathy

Once I decided how I wanted my niece's wedding card to look, there was no stopping me.  I knew I wanted a lilac/purple colour scheme, as I know that's the colour of her flowers and her bridesmaids dresses.  I also knew I wanted to use this oh so sweet image from Lili of the Valley...

I decided to keep it simple, with a sentiment that says 'Mr & Mrs' and a little embossed heart on the top right.
The other thing was that I wanted a card in three sections, as I wanted space to put a sentiment (my computer was down at the time, so I couldn't print a verse off) so I decided to cut two hearts on my Sizzix like this:

The middle section had to have a little pocket to hold an envelope so I could put a cheque in.  I found a sweet little piece of paper with butterflies on, and before you know it, I'd ended up with this:

I found the little birds and flowers on a stamp with a teddy on it, so I just added glue to this section and heat embossed it in silver to fit in with the colour scheme.  You can see the little envelope slotted in at the top.  I decided to add fake stitching with my white gel pen, and there you have it.
Time to move on to the third section, where I wanted to write my greeting, so again I kept it simple:

I punched the butterflies with a Woodware punch from the main patterned paper I was using (I'm sorry I don't remember what it's called) and wrote my greeting.
I was expecting to have to post this, but it turns out I can now go to the wedding, which is on Friday, so I'll be able to hand it over in person, which I'm very pleased about. 
I really hope she likes it, but I must say, it came together very easily just from the basic plan I had in my head.
Have a great day everyone,
Mrs O.

Comments

  1. Really pretty card. I'm sure the married couple will be thrilled to receive it. I love the colour scheme - very stylish.
    Thanks for your comments on my post. Absolute nightmare without internet - doesn't help that I think my computer is on the way out too.
    I laughed over your son's award - if you saw the state of Edward's bedroom, you'd know he could qualify for that award too!! x x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Less Is More: Week 55 - Theme