Silver Wedding treat

Finally, I am here now that our new computer is up and running. It's taken a bit of getting used to, I can tell you, but it is so much faster than our old one.

And so, to my card for today.

It's my sister and brother-in-law's 25th wedding anniversary in June and I've had some ideas floating around in my head for a while and decided it was time to have a go and see what I came up with.

I've recently bought some silver embossing powder and have finally, after some practise, really started to get the hang of it. And so... I got out my Nellie Snellen heart shaped dies and cut out two hearts. I embossed the silver one in a flowers embossing folder, but I stamped the other one with a lovely flowers stamp and heat embossed it. The texture on it is fantastic. It's obviously an easel card. I've put organza ribbon round it and made a bow in the middle, then after rummaging around in my drawers (!) I came across the two numbers. I was thrilled, as you can imagine. I quickly put glue on them, added the embossing powder and fired up the embossing gun once again. I am very pleased with the results and can't wait to give it to them at the end of June.


I am going to have cards coming out of my ears again this week, so I'll probably be back tomorrow showing you what I've been up to. We have taken the old computer to the shop to attempt to retrieve the information from it, especially as all my card making photos are on there. Hopefully I won't have lost them for ever!


See you soon,


Mrs O.

Comments

  1. Pretty, pretty! You have some really lovely creative ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Dynamic Duos No. 1