Little Claire's Challenge

I am thoroughly in the swing of these challenge blogs now, and am finding it quite addictive.  I have realised the skill is in seeing if your card is eligible for more than one challenge at a time.  For example, you could follow the sketch from one challenge, the colours from another and the embellishments from another and make one card to suit all three challenges.  But for today, this is my entry for the Little Claire's Designs Challenge blog. 
I had great fun last night, in my poorly state, looking back through some of the beautiful stamps I already have, with a spark of an idea in my head.  It was a toss up between two stamps in the end, but this dear little mouse won the day, and came out to play on my card:

The challenge is to use a shaped card, and in fact the instructions for how to make this sidestep card came with a Little Claire's stamp back last November, and although it's very effective, it's actually really easy to make.  Just lately I am in the habit of covering the whole card in paper, this one being from MME, you know the one I mean! (Because the name of it has just flown straight out of my head!)  I wanted a nice summery feel (as the weather's been really bad lately and it's pouring with rain today).  I've put on some lovely flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts which finishes it off nicely. I hope you can see the pink card candy on the second layer. 
Thanks for dropping by today and I hope you have found something nice to do on this miserable Bank Holiday Monday.
Mrs O.

Comments

  1. That is adorable, and what an inventive physical design.

    Hot weather here, so I'm not sure if your weather wish applies...but at least I'll be able to go for a swim.

    Do feel better. I think the cards are good therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card.i love the sweet image and soft colours and the shape is fab :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card. Love this cute mouse and the paper is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Little Claire :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it - so cute! and a great shape too.
    Thank you for joining us at Little Claire's xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Dynamic Duos No. 1