I Heart U

I have been busy making Valentine cards, and I'm really enjoying it.  Here's the first one:

The colour for the card and the pink heart is SU Regal Rose.  It's such a beautiful colour.  I did see a video on You Tube for how to make this, and now I can't find it, but I'll credit it as soon as I can.
I've made a tag (oh for a die to do this, instead of drawing round a template every time) and brushed round the edges with Regal Rose ink.  The paper is just some from my stash that I've had for ages, but it matched perfectly with the card, so I've popped that on top of the main card stock, but with a scalloped border in the same pink.  I've popped the tag on, after adding a bow and some buttons, then added the hearts.
The large one has been cut out with my Nellie Snellen hearts die, stamped with my Penny Black heart stamp, sponged over the whole thing with Versamark (glue) ink, sprinkled with clear embossing powder and heated.  This is propped up on sticky fixers, so the other heart was cut with a smaller die, embossed with my polka dot embossing folder and propped up on two sticky fixers so it fits nicely on top of the larger one.
I stamped 'with love' as my sentiment, from a very old set of stamps that were free with a magazine, and there you have it.
I went to a new craft shop on Saturday called Once Upon A Stamp (thanks Ann!) and bought myself a new craft knife and a cutting blade for my paper cutter.  It's been bliss to use them this week as they slide through the card like butter.  I don't know why I left it so long to replace them, and mustn't do that again! (So not worth the frustration!)
But of course, I didn't stop there!  I bought some Crackle Accents, a scor pal (thankyou darling husband!) and my first ever Martha Stewart punch, which I'll show you on a card very soon.
Thanks for dropping in today, and let me know what you think of today's card, I love to hear your comments.
Keep warm, everyone,
Jane xx

Comments

  1. Lovely valentine card, love the two different hearts, beautiful colour

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just LOVELY. Isn't it nice to have a crafty spend up once in a while. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these sweet hearts layered on the tag! Great color choice too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely. I cheat on tags, just cut a rectangle and mark 1cm, or whatever is required, on the top corners top and sides and snip them off lol I'm sure that I've seen some die tag dies in my travels. I'll let you know if I find them again
    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card Jane, really lovely. It's good to have a spend on crafting bits isn't it, although I think I have done too much of that recently! I've used Once Upon a Stamp for ordering Nestabilities but have never been to their shop. Will keep you posted regarding my scrapbooking progress - can see that I am going to have a little spend there too - oh dear! Take care and keep warm x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jane, love this gorgeous design, the details and colours are perfect. I love OUAS, one of my fave shops. Gordon, Robert and the girls are all so lovely and very helpful. OH! did you meet Harry? their gorgeous dog. My Hubby loves him.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the contrast in the two hearts. Once again, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's lovely that you're being so excited over your new stash Jane and what a lovely card! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous card jane.fab pretty colours and i love the hearts :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Dynamic Duos No. 1