More Christmas

Hello there!  Isn't it windy?  We are certainly feeling the side effects of Hurricane Katia here!  It's the perfect opportunity to batten down the hatches, grab a stash of coffee and biscuits and huddle up at the crafting table. 
Here's what I've been working on:
This card makes me realise how far I've come, as it was last Christmas that I really started to get to grips with card making and started to understand what could be done.  But I didn't have kraft card back then, I didn't have this stamp and I didn't even have my Bigshot so I couldn't have cut out the circles with the letters on.  But one year later, I am able to put a card like this together, completely from my own imagination, and I am thrilled!
I started out with the red/green/brown colour combo in my head, which was something I fell in love with last year.  The reindeer is by Little Claire's Designs and I love him.  I bought him at the Summer Crafting event I went to and have been dying to stamp him up just to see what he looks like.  The green and white strip is flocked, so it's got a lovely feel to it.  It's a leftover from my Kaisercraft 'Be Merry' collection, which is a real favourite.  If I had only that in my stash I'd still be able to make loads of cards.
As I've said, I don't feel in the mood to make Christmas cards when the sun is shining, but a friend of mine offered me a table at her Christmas market on December 1st, and after a great deal of consideration I think I'm going to have to turn it down, as by the time I've made cards for family and friends and put a few in the shop, I don't think I'm going to have enough left to run a stall.  This is such a shame that I've decided I will be making Christmas cards all through the year next year, so I'm not caught out like that again!
Thanks for dropping by today, your comments are much appreciated (and I learn a lot from you, too!)
Jane xx

Comments

  1. gorgeous card jane.i love the fab reindeer and great design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane, this is so lovely, gorgeous colouring and design. Shame about the stall hun, there are'nt enough hours in the day are they? Sounds like you have it sussed for next year though.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that it's much easier to make Christmas cards when there's a gale blowing outside! Your reindeer is very cute and I like the way you've added the letters that spell noel down the side. It is a shame about the stall - they're such fun to do. (I have 3 minute cards on my blog on Thursdays if that's any help.) Vx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Less Is More: Week 55 - Theme