Clearly For You

Hello there folks!  Well the wind has died down so I'm off outside in a minute (to clear up the debris!) but before I do I thought I'd show you a card I made on Monday.
This card is very similar to the one in the Stampin Up! minibook.  I've got the stamps and couldn't wait to have a go.  I got quite nervous as I haven't got much card, only two pieces in each colour, and didn't want to ruin it, but plunged right in.
First I embossed the top of the card with a polka dot embossing folder, which you can't really see.  Then I stamped the cute little birds inside one of my Four Frames stamps and set it to one side.  Next I stamped the strip with my Penny Black letter stamp and inked it with Tim Holtz Old Paper distress ink.  Then I drew an oval on a piece of white card and tore it out.  I inked round the edges with Broken China ink.  I drew just inside it on my card and then stamped the blackberry stamp in Marina Mist which is the same colour as the card blank.  As you know, I am new to Stampin Up! and am enthralled at how this works.  (Bless!)  Then I took all the pieces and stuck them down as you see here.
The bottom section looked a bit blank, so I stamped the butterfly and the sentiment, which I'm not very happy with, but it will have to stay like that for now.  I had fun making it, anyway.  It makes me want to dash out and buy loads more Stampin Up! ink pads and card.
Hope you like it.
Right, I'm off out, with a busy afternoon ahead of me. 
Thanks for dropping by today, I look forward to reading your comments.
Jane xx (Craft Class tonight - can't wait!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Dynamic Duos No. 1