Let It Snow!

I've been busy, peeps.  (I'm sure you have, too!)  I am keeping on with the Christmas cards, here's the latest:

I've often seen cards like this and have really wanted to have a go.  Then, earlier in the week I found a template on a fabulous blog here.  Thanks so much, Connie Babbert.  Don't be alarmed if you make it and think it's really small, as it's only 4 1/2 inches across the bottom.  Connie's card looks big in her photo.  You'll need to look at her photo to work out which are valley and which are mountain folds.  I played about with it on a piece of scrap paper first, just to make sure I'd got it right.  It's a lot easier than you think.  The permutations are endless.  You can use a tall, slim stamp or just use the rectangular section to put a topper in any shape you like, as I've done here with the snowman on an oval base.  You could put a narrow sentiment all the way along the bottom, you could put a tag in the middle (that's my plan for my next card) or 3 flowers in the middle, ribbon around the bottom etc, the only limit is your imagination (and your stash!)  Once you've made one, there'll be no stopping you!
I've decoupaged the snowman's scarf and put snow around his feet.  I couldn't resist a sentiment that said, 'Let It Snow.'

Recipe:
Stamp: Little Claire Designs
Ink: Memento black
Coloured with: Promarkers
Paper: Echo Park - Wintertime (I've had this is my stash since last January.  It came all the way from America)
Sentiment: Craftwork Cards

Thanks for dropping by today, you know how much I appreciate your comments.
Have a great weekend, everyone (hope you get lots of crafting done!)
Jane xx

Comments

  1. What a sweet little card, it's so cute. Love the background papers too. x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning card jane.i love the fab shape and your snowman and colours are gorgeous :D


    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane, I love it! a great card shape with a verrry cute snowman. Perfect!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. That card is adorable!!!

    But I have a better sentiment found on a sweatshirt I have picturing a scrunched up, unhappy snowbird on a limb...."Let it snow...somewhere else." Way too much here last year and I fear we may be buried again this winter. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Christmas card Jane and such a cute snowman, you asked it I had used Old Olive on my LIM card and the answer is 'yes'

    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Dynamic Duos No. 1