Fresh Vintage

Hi all!
It's been a bit of a wild and wacky weekend here, which is why I haven't had a chance to pop a card on until today.  It was hard to choose my favourite of the cards we made last week at our craft group, but in the end I've plumped for this one:
Every so often a card comes along that you keep on your desk for ages and don't really want to give to anyone, and this is definitely one of those (I am basically a very mean person!)
The dsp is the Everyday Enchantment set, which is beautiful.  It's one of those where you want a set to use and a set to gaze at! The cardstock is Lucky Limeade and the little oval is Calypso Coral, which has been put through the oval Textured Impressions EF.  We've added a little lace and stamped the greeting from the Curly Cute set.  Have a look at a close up:

The stamped image is from a retired set (you know the one I mean!) which I stamped using my Stamp-a-ma-jig (which may be called a SAMJ from now on, it's a bit of a mouthful otherwise, isn't it?) But the bit I absolutely loved doing was the layer under the stamped image.  It's actually made by stamping rows of the border stamp that's in the Fresh Vintage Stamp set next to each other before cutting out with an oval punch.  I didn't realise until we'd done it, that it matches the design on the paper itself.  So thrilled with it.
As I've said before, going to craft class is the highlight of my week.  Our two leaders, Anne and Jo alternate in running it and they both have quite different styles and an awesome talent.  It's a privilege to learn from them.  They're holding a day long workshop on Saturday 18th.  Imagine it, nothing but card making from 10-4 with a break for lunch, my idea of heaven!
Thanks for popping in today and don't forget to leave a comment.  I read every one of them and they brighten my day.
Back soon,
Jane xx

Comments

  1. Gorgeous card Jane and love how you have used the oval embossing folder a really pretty card

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card, Jane. You do some lovely projects at your craft class. Lucky you getting a full day crafting without any interruptions

    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. And another pretty card Jane. I love seeing what you have been up to at your craft group. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Jane! I LOVE this paper! Such a sweet vintage look!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Less Is More: Week 55 - Theme