Merry Monday on a Friday!

For some reason Fridays always seem to be a good time to get involved with a Christmas card.  Finally I'm able to join in with a challenge I've followed for a little while.  It's at Lesley Croghan's blog called Always Playing With Paper where she gives us a new sketch each week.  This is the latest one:



After a great deal of planning with regard to size and dimension, this is my card entry:

I've had this stamp for quite a while now.  She was packaged as a birthday stamp, but she suits Christmas so well.  The colours, cardstock and dsp are all SU.  The Chocolate Chip piece has been embossed with a snowflake embossing folder and then punched along the bottom with a scallop punch. 
I had a dither with placement of the sentiment as I didn't want to cover the robin up, he's so sweet.  The card base is only C6 and it's made it a really sweet little card, like a little package, you almost want to use it as a cover for a bag of sweets or something.
But still, another card for this year's Christmas stack is made, and I'm very pleased.  Big thanks to Lesley for such a great sketch to work with.

Recipe:
Cardstock: Wild Wasabi, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, all Stampin Up!
Stamp and Sentiment: Little Claire Designs
DSP: Holly Berry Bouquet, SU
Coloured with: Real Red and Chocolate Chip, + Satin Promarker

We made some awesome cards at our craft group on Wednesday night, so I'll try to pop one on here very soon to show you.
Have a great weekend, peeps.
Jane xx

Comments

  1. Lovely, Jane. I wouldn't want to cover the little robin either. I'm enjoying making my Christmas cards now with no pressure to get them done within a few weeks. I've done 9 in 6 weeks so on schedule so far :o)
    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, again. What more can I say? *S*

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning card jane.the image is fab and i love your gorgeous colours and design ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane such a sweet card....love the image and a great card plan



    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card, perfect for the holidays. Thank you for joining me.
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card again Jane. You are on a roll with your Christmas cards. I need to take a leaf out of your book! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jane, what a lovely image and a really beautiful card. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Dynamic Duos No. 1