ABC Christmas Challenge

I have actually made a couple of Christmas cards, but this is the first chance I've had to post one on here.  I have found a couple of challenge blogs to keep me motivated throughout the year.
The first one is the ABC Christmas Challenge.  They set a new challenge every two weeks, so by the end of the year I'll have quite a batch of cards ready for various people.
The challenge this time round is to use Bears and some other things beginning with B.  So here's my card:
I've used this cute James the Bear image from LOTV.  I didn't use him at all for the Christmas just gone, so it's been nice to have him out and about!  I think he really suits pale colours like lilac and blue, so this is the first time I've done him in traditional Christmas colours, and I think I've pulled it off because it goes so well with the backing paper.  The other 'B's I've used are 'bling' for his hat, which I've glittered, and 'buttons' as you can see on the top left.  I've sewn these with green cross stitch thread.  The sentiment is Little Claire Designs and the backing paper is an old piece from Imaginise.  I am definitely trying to make as many cards as I can without spending any money!  Got to cut corners somewhere...
Thanks for dropping in today, and I hope it's not too cold where you are.  Eveyone says it's going to snow, but so far there hasn't been a flake, it's just very cold.  We are supposed to be going out for a presentation dinner, so I hope we can still go (but I don't think I'll be wearing anything too flimsy!)
Back soon, everyone, have a great weekend.
Jane xx

Comments

  1. Aww! Jane, this is so gorgeous. Love the sweet image and the fab colours. Got loadsa here now hun.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Jane. I've made a few Christmas cards already, just hope I don't lose the momentum and keep on with them
    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Jane! What a sweet little image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card jane.fab traditional colours and i love the sweet bear ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. James is so cute and adorable, I love him.
    Thank you for joining our B for.. challenge at ABC Christmas challenge.
    Enjoy your evening.
    Dorte,xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Love James he is sooo cute, Love your C&S LO too!

    Thanks for entering our Challenge at ABC Christmas challenge this time, see you soon! hugs Samantha :0)

    PS you can enter as many times as you like we have no limit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a darling Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, Cute...and full of "b's." Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous Christmas card Jane love the little bear he's so cute

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh he's a cute bear . . . a cracker!

    If you are attempting to make Christmas cards through the year, I have a on the 25th of each month and open up Mr Linky at the bottom of the post for a week only. If you're interested, come and visit me on the 25th. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Less Is More: Week 55 - Theme