Card For A Favourite Auntie

My lovely Auntie Rose was 70 this month.  To me she will always be about 45, which is ridiculous, as I'm older than that now myself!  She lives right down on the south coast, so I sent her some flowers.  Of course I had to make a card to go with it, and here it is:
The dsp is from a Prima set called Botanicals and it's full of these beautifully soft colours.  The cardstock is Crumb Cake and I stamped my dress form image on it in Soft Suede ink.  I then stamped the same image onto a piece of the same dsp and cut it out.  It looks beautiful on the Crumb Cake. 
Before that I ran the cardstock through the Bigshot in the oval designer frames embossing folder.  This came out beautifully smooth and so I punched out an oval of the dsp and aded it to the centre.  I stamped 'Happiest Birthday' from the Apothecary Art set and cut it into a nice long banner shape.  I've propped the centre of it up on sticky fixers to give it a bit of dimension.
The bit that took the longest was making the number seventy.  I tried several patterns and designs but wasn't really happy with any of them.  In the end I took some Very Vanilla cardstock, stamped over it with my script stamp and distressed it slightly with some Tim Holtz old paper distress ink, an absolute essential in my stash.
I loved adding the detail to the corner, including the pearls, the lace and a little piece of the new SU linen ribbon.  I couldn't wait to get my hands on this and I have a feeling you'll be seeing it on quite a few cards to come. I'm pleased to say my aunt really liked the card, and I thoroughly enjoyed making it.  Why not leave me a comment and let me know what you think.  If you've popped by recently, why not become a follower so I can come and say hello to you, too.
Thanks for looking in today, I'm off for a hop round to see what you've all been up to.
Happpy crafting, everyone!
Jane xx

Comments

  1. Totally gorgeous card. Love what you did with the oval. The DP is really lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card for what sounds like a very special lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jane. I love all the little details, like the linen ribbon tab and the turned over corner with the pearl detail. It's very pretty and I'm sure your aunt will be delighted to receive it x x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Dynamic Duos No. 1