Card For Beth

I'm feeling pretty perky this morning as the time has come for my break from work quite quickly this time round.  I'm not back in work until Monday morning, which gives me plenty of time to craft and blog.  I really look forward to these times.  There's nothing nicer than spending an hour at your desk getting creative, is there?
I have a few cards to catch up on with you, so we'd better start straight away:
I don't even know where I got the inspiration for this card, I just went with the flow.  I'd spent a week looking through my stamps to find something suitable for a colleague at work who is only about twenty.  I did struggle as most of my stamps are geared to older women, until I unearthed this stamp from a set that was free with a magazine quite a while ago. 
I used a kraft card base and a strip of So Saffron dsp, with a touch of Rose Red card stock.  This is such an awesome colour and I don't use nearly enough of it.  I stamped the little bird on the tag and coloured it in using both colours and added a little ribbon which just happened to match perfectly. 
I was definitely in crafting mode by then so decided to make a little notebook to go with the card:

By now the colours are reminding me of rhubarb and custard, but I'm enjoying myself immensely!  I've spent months looking in shops for little notebooks that don't break the bank that aren't the spiral topped sort.  This basic notepad cost 18p in Wilkinsons and was a doddle to cover.  You can see the ribbon a bit better in this pic.
So there we are, a nice little set to send out together, don't you think?


 I had a lot of fun making these, and Beth was really pleased with them.  Drop me a line and let me know what you think, I love to receive your comments.
Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow for more creative endevours!
Happy stamping, everyone,
Jane xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Dynamic Duos No. 1