Love In A Cold Climate

I have finished my first scrapbook with pictures of Barnaby.  I so enjoyed making this:

This photo was taken last December of Barnaby and Zak in the snow.  Alll these papers are by October Afternoon and they have a really vintage feel.  I felt like my grandmother when I was cutting these up!  How sad is that?  I made the little pocket for the tag, which has loads of words regarding memories, including the quote that I used at the bottom which says, 'God gave us memories that we might have roses in December.'  I've distressed it with ink and used my distressing tool round the edges.  This little gadget is my new best friend.  I've called it 'Love In A Cold Climate' for obvious reasons, but also because that's the title of the book I was reading at the time of making this, plus the colour scheme matched the colour of the book.  Surreal.  Lots going on here, but I really like it.  I'm going to be doing a lot of scrapbooking over the winter I think.
I have, to my joy, had a Stampin Up! demonstrator round.  She does a craft class on a Wednesday night, so I've said I'll try to go as Dolly Cottage Crafts, where I used to go, has shut down.  Because of a book I've been reading, I've been scruitinizing the website of Papertrey Ink.  They have gorgeous stamps and paper, similar to Stampin Up! but the shipping cost is astronomical, ($37 to be precise, for an $8 pack of paper) so Stampin Up! may be the way to go.  I'll keep you posted.
Hope you've all had a good Bank Holiday Weekend, despite the weather.  Time to get the winter woollies back out, I think!
Jane xx

Comments

  1. Lovely page, really like the papers you have chosen. Look forward to seing more of your scrapbooking. Have you seen a Stampin' Up catalogue? I bought one at the start of the holidays and have just placed my first order. It's full of beautiful things - was very hard to rein myself in lol! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Dynamic Duos No. 1