Saturday, 20 August 2011

Bad Boy

This is a page I've just finished for last November when we took Barnaby to a dressage competition.  He was so naughty in the end I couldn't ride him and hubby had to do it! Here's the page.

The letters that say 'Bad Boy' are chipboard.  They are really brightly coloured, so I covered them in plain blue paper, then stamped on them with a floral stamp, which is much more what I had in mind.  The newspaper cutting bottom left is from when Barnaby got stuck over his stable door and had to be rescued by the fire brigade.  I found out later we'd been in the paper and managed  to track down the cutting.  It seemed  to fit with this page of equine naughtiness!
I have only done this in a normal scrapook and have one more to go before I can start using proper 12" x 12" paper, which I'm really looking forward to, but using a normal book has meant I've had to be quite inventive.  I've also noticed I go into a slightly different brain mode when I'm scrapbooking as opposed to card making.  I can take up to two days to put a scrapbook page together and don't stick anything down until I'm completely satisfied, otherwise I'll start thinking, 'I could have done that!' afterwards, when it's too late.  I have learned so much about paper and layouts and my own imagination.  A couple of months ago I thought it was silly to do such an amateur book, but one of the pages, where I've said what I really think, nearly made me cry when I came across it the other day.  It's such a wonderful way of preserving memories rather than having a pile of photos and thinking, 'When was that? Who are these people?  When did we go there?'  I've noticed that I think in words, too, and find it really useful to write ideas down first, and then illustrate my thoughts.  No wonder it's such a satisfying hobby.
Thanks for dropping by today.  I hope you're getting time to craft or do whatever it is you like doing best!
Jane xx

1 comment:

  1. Good thing to write up what really happened that day, since in the picture Barnaby looks like a star. *S*

    ReplyDelete