I've been experimenting with aperture cards, as way back last year I made some little cross stitch cards. Obviously at the time I didn't have a clue what I was doing, and once completed I put each one in the little card that came with it (which is a perfectly correct thing to do). But the cards are very small, and I wouldn't buy one like that. There's a lot of work involved, and you're never going to make any money back if you sell them.
So I took one of the cross stitch pictures out and set to thinking, and this is what I came up with:
Now here comes the 'happy accident'! I put the circle die over this paper and stuck it down with double sided tape as it was essential that it didn't move as it went through the machine. I stuck the tape down very lightly, but by the time it had been through the machine it was really firmly stuck down and no matter how carefully I peeled it off, it took some of the dotty paper with it - 'screams!'
I decided to cover it up with 4 red roses and the little green leaves, and now you'd never know. I gave a big sigh of relief, I can tell you, as I didn't want to start again with a new card at this stage. I die cut some corners and stuck them down, and there you have it. The dotty paper has quite a retro feel, I am so impressed with the quality of my new printer.
I've got about six different designs I can use and 3 little Christmas ones, so there will be more of these to come, I'm sure. I'm very pleased with the result, they're a vast improvement on the tiny cards that came with the cross-stitch kits.
I'm entering this card into the Papertake Weekly Challenge.
Thanks for dropping by today, hope you're having sunshine.
I'm off down to the village to try out the new coffee shop.