Look What Mama Made!

Goodness, what a busy weekend it's been!  I've hardly sat down.  So this is what I made on Friday:
The tag is from a set bought from Inkylicious, and I've used their stamp for the 'Post Card' stamp down the left hand side, and the post mark at the top, but the flower is from Penny Black.  I've coloured it with water colour pencils, very nervously as I'd used Tim Holtz distress ink over the entire tag first, but it was fine. 
Here is the whole card:
It's got a beautiful feel to it because of the distress ink.  I tied each tag with gardening twine before sticking them down.  You can do this on a sheet of A4 card.  The tags are 8cm wide, so I cut A4 down to 27cm wide and scored it into 9cm sections so a bit of the black border would show.  The mid section has been stamped with my Letter stamp from Penny Black.  I am getting into mixing and matching stamps from different sets.  As long as the scale is the same, it seems to work really well.  This whole card has a wonderfully romantic feel to it.  It was another 'make-it-up-as-you-go-along' card, so I am pleased it worked out okay.
Lots more to come this week.
Thanks for dropping in.
Jane xx

Comments

  1. stunning card jane.i love the fab tag shape and how it opens out, beautiful :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, exceedingly clever. I really like the almost "watercolor" feel to the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, look at you, you clever lady. Fantastic card, really pretty. The stamps are gorgeous. Distress inks are so addictive - I've been using some recently on my journal. Take care x x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Dynamic Duos No. 1