Colour Q #180

I promise I will be back later with a post showing my birthday cards, but I need to be quick to get this card on before the deadline.
These are the colours for this week's colour Q challenge:
I have been dying to use my new Clockworks set from Stampin Up, especially for my son in law's birthday on April 1st.  So I have a masculine stamp set in my hand, and then I see these colours, which shout 'masculine' to me, so I put them both together and came out with this:
The cardbase is Lucky Limeade.  I've substituted Garden Green for Glorious Green, too.  I stamped the sentiments in the middle, covered them  up with a piece of card, then stamped various images around the edge of the card, which leaves this lovely border.  The two small cogs are stamped in Lucky Limeade, as is the clock.  I had great fun with this, here is a close-up:

This is actually heat embossed.  My stamp-a-ma-jig got quite a work-out here, as I stamped the clock face in Lucky Limeade, then went over it in Versamark, and added clear embossing powder before heating.  I stamped the numbers and just left it plain, then did the hands and heat embossed them.  It's given the clock a lovely 3D effect, which I'm really pleased with.
So I'd better dash, as it's taken ages to upload these pics for some reason, and get this card entered over at the Colour Q.
Thanks for looking in today.  I promise my next post will show my birthday cards.
Back very soon.
Jane xx

Comments

  1. Lovely card for a male like the stamps you have used too

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a piece of art Jane! I love the way you masked off the inside of the card - it makes the sentiment really stand out. Those stamps are just gorgeous - I really want to use mine again now! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Dynamic Duos No. 1