My Lionheart

I've been working on a scrapbook page for March, come and have a look:
I'm so pleased with this page, I think it might be my favourite so far.  It took ages to make because I knew I wanted to do something with the ribbons that go with this scheme, so I took the plunge and ordered them.  I'm so glad I did as they really add to the page.
I've also been searching all over the internet as I wanted to do my own wording.  Eventually I plumped for the MFT set from Dies to Die For.  They are fabulous to work with.
Here are some details:

Of course it's a photo of The Boy that provides the inspiration.  This was taken last June when I played about with an England flag with Barnaby.  He wasn't frightened of it at all.  After having these photos taken, I galloped up a hill with the flag streaming out behind me and John filmed it.  Barnaby didn't bat an eyelid.  He is such a brave boy.  (Most horses would absolutely freak out over this!)
Can you see the ribbon strips?  They're beautifully masculine, aren't they?  Perfect for this project.  It's taken me all this time to match the yellow in the papers.  It turns out it matches Summer Starfruit perfectly, so I backed the photo with it for this project.
Some detail from the actual paper.  What's not to like?!
Sorry the next pic is a bit blurred.

So now I need to explain.  The page is called, 'Oh England My Lionheart' because of course I have an england flag in my hand, and because Barnaby is known as My Lionheart, but also because 'Oh England My Lionheart' is one of my all time favourite songs by Kate Bush.



So I typed out the words to the song and put it in a little concertina book at the bottom of the page.  I aged the papers and used the ink splodge stamp from French Foliage and it turned out really well. 
There's a line that says,
In the orchard, my English rose,
Or with my shepherd, who'll bring me home.

and it totally reminds me of Barnaby, especially with the last page I made, where I rode Barnaby in a competition and got completely lost and he brought me home.  It brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it.
That's all for today.  I hope you like what you've seen and more importantly if it encourages you to give scrapbooking a go, then I'll be very happy.  It's a truly wonderful pastime.
Back soon everyone, thanks so much for dropping by today.  Your visits and comments mean a great deal to me.
Jane xx

Comments

  1. Fabulous scrapbook page, Jane. Love the concealed journalling

    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a wonderful page! Love that concertina book!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Dynamic Duos No. 1