Pennant Parade Birthday

My daughter's birthday was at the end of last month, and this is what I made for her:
This is my first real go at a card using the Pennant Parade stamp set.  I think it's more that I'm nervous about how the string will work, whether I'll get it in place, etc.  I've been cruising around on Pinterest recently (isn't it awesome?!) and found a card very similar to this by Ruth M.  I saw it and fell in love, instantly, and had to have a go.  The card base is a DL card in pool party.  This is my first go with whisper white cardstock, too, which was lovely to work with.  I dusted over it with bashful blue, which you can't really see in the photo.  Then I had fun stamping the banners in melon mambo, marina mist and lucky limeade. 
The sentiment is from the Apothecary Art set, perfect for this card.
The little birds are from an old Hero Arts set.
The baker's twine was free with a magazine a while ago.

I used a tiny flower punch to make the flowers and added them with a tiny dab of glossy accents.  I'm so in love with this stamp set, and haven't even made a Christmas card yet! It'll be banners with everything after this, just you wait and see!
Thanks for popping in today, won't you leave me a comment to let me know what you think of today's creation.
Happy crafting everyone!
Jane xx

Comments

  1. Lovely pennant card Jane gorgeous colours and love the sweet little bird on the top

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Jane, love the design.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane, what a lovely card, I do love that design and those pennants are just gorgeous and that bird is cute to. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely birthday card. The Pennant Parade set is fab. I love the colours you have chosen, and the flowers and little bird are really cute x x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Less Is More: Week 55 - Theme