Welcome Baby!

I have been working on a very special card.  Our youngest daughter Abby and her hubby have finally had a dream come true and been able to foster a beautiful little boy.  They have been longing for this day, so I wanted to celebrate with them.  We went to visit on Sunday and I was able to take this card along with me:
I've used lots of different items to make my vision a reality here, and I'm so glad I've got all these items to make this card possible!
I started off by stamping the Teddy Bo (free with Simply Cards and Papercraft back in May or June) in Soft Suede ink.  Up until then I'd intended to make the card in red, blue and green, but I fell in love with the colour as soon as it touched the paper, and the rest fell into place after that.
The balloons have been stamped in river rock, crumb cake and choc chip and cut out with my balloon dies and propped up on dimensionals after I'd taped some linen thread to the back. 
I stamped just Teddy Bo's paw out, cut it out and stuck the other end of the strings to the back of it, then attached it to the base paw with another dimensional. 
The sentiment is from a LOTV set.  I thought it said 'welcome little one', but decided this would do just as well.  A hair raising moment when I stamped it directly to the base card, but it worked like a dream - phew!
I coloured Teddy Bo's hat and sweater in crumb cake ink, but for the first time ever, I didn't feel obliged to colour in the bear and get all stressed about whether I'd done it well enough.  It just seemed to fit with the simplicity of the whole card.
As I am now obsessed with putting something on the inside of my card, I was thrilled to find a tiny balloon set from a really old freebie set, so I stamped that in soft suede on the inside, and my card was complete.
So this card was an all-round pleasure to make.  I put 'congratulations on your new addition to the family' on the inside and Abby loved it.  What a thrill to make someone's day like that - but that's what card-making is all about, isn't it?
Thanks for looking in today, I so appreciate every one of your comments.
Have a great day, I'm off to make some Christmas cards (yes, even I!)
Jane x

Comments

  1. lovely card, lovely reason to make it!
    hope all is well with you and yours.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Dynamic Duos No. 1