Sympathy Card

I was very sad to hear that a young man had died, who is very good friends with our farrier.  Our farrier asked if I could make some sympathy cards for them to give to the family, which is what I've been working on over the weekend.  I have made one or two sympathy cards before, but was very affected as I make these and my heart goes out to the recipients.
The first one I made was this one:
I decided to keep things as simple as possible, so stamped the image in black and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder, then stamped the butterfly and left it just in ink, so it looks quite different.  This was all done on a square cut out with a Nestabilities die, then layered on black.  The sentiment is computer generated. 
I'll show you another one tomorrow.  I'm off to make my niece a birthday card, to cheer myself up!
Thanks for dropping in today, your input is greatly appreciated.
Jane xx

Comments

  1. A perfect card for a very sad occasion.I love the flourish that you've used
    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card for such a sad occasion x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane, not the easiest of cards to make but you have got it just right. Love the design.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Dynamic Duos No. 1