Card For Pam

As you may know, if you're a regular follower, I made a commitment at the beginning of the year to make a birthday card for everyone in our Bible Study group so that everyone could sign it.  October has been a busy month, as it turns out, with three birthdays.  This is what I made for one lovely person:


For ages I've been wanting to make a card where I had a flower in the bottom corner, with a leaf going horizontally and vertically, but for some reason it's taken me ages to work out what to use.  This time it was MME that came to the rescue, with my lovely Wild Asparagus papers, and this gorgeous die cut flower.  I just stacked one on top of the other, and finished off with a fabric brad from the same range. I cut a square of paper, 15x15cm, distressed the edges and added some brown ink.  I cut an oval of white cardstock and distressed it all over before stamping the sentiment and the butterfly, both in Memento brown ink.  The stamps are from the Flourishes stamp set by Michelle Marsden.  I'm going to be using these a lot!  They're very versatile. 
I thoroughly enjoyed making this card, it came together very easily.  Hope you like it.
Hope you're enjoying your crafting at the moment and not getting too bogged down with Christmas preparations!
Thanks for dropping by.  I'm off for a mega blog-hop so I can see what you've all been up to. (Okay, I'm going to watch Downton Abbey, too!)
Jane xx

Comments

  1. Stunning card Jane, love the design and very scrummy papers. I love Downton Abbey too.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and I'm sure it will be gladly received. I'm watching Downton Abbey too
    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I love the papers and the flower, they are gorgeous, and the sentiment is lovely. Hope you enjoy Downton, will have to get my fix tomorrow.
    Michelle x
    P.S. Thanks for your comments about my blanket, it's a lot bigger than I expected too! To get you started I would recommend a book with clear diagrams like Cute and Easy Crochet by Nicki Trench, or could you ask someone at your knitting group to start you off? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely....sorry I've missed posting. Temporary loss of link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning card jane.so beautiful :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Less Is More: Week 55 - Theme