Party Time

Did I tell you I got a few new things to play with?  I was in Hobbycraft last week and just happened upon this new cupcake stamp and die set by Sizzix and couldn't resist it.  I have had a ball playing with it.  I'm not saying this card is any great shakes really, but I had a lot of fun with it.  I've had the Stampin Up! pennant punch for a few weeks and have finally got to use it on a card.  I absolutely love bunting but I've never had so much fun making them as I have with this.  I used the big punch to cut the scalloped pennants, then the small one to do the white triangles.  I've used my individual letter stamps from Woodware to say 'P.A.R.T.Y.' The papers are called Tea House from Dovecraft.  I've had them for ages.  I cut the heart using my Nellie Snellen heart die.  And yes, sooner or later I'll be using the cupcake die to make clouds, you can be sure of that! 
I googled 'Cupcakes' on Splitcoast and found a card made by Karen Barber which blew me away, so I had to have a go at CASEing it.  Have a look:
This uses the Holly Berry Bouquet dsp from Stampin Up!  The dotty paper has glitter on it and it's stunning.  I found some beads in my stash which worked perfectly.  The 'merry' sentiment is also in the Pennant Parade set used above.  I used watercolour paper again to cut out the top of the cupcake, as the dsp is Very Vanilla again, not white.  I used a piece of plain VV inside. 
I hope you're making the most of this dreadful weather and getting some crafting done.  It's poured with rain all day and I got drenched when I walked the dog.  A good excuse to make some hot chocolate and make another card, don't you think?
Back soon
Jane xx


Comments

  1. Lovely cards Jane the top card makes a great party invitation

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both cards - the bunting on the first card looks great and so pretty in pastels and the bright colours of the second really leap out to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane, you obviously like your cupcakes, they look very yummy, your cards are gorgeous. Hope your move is all settled now. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely Jane! I like the festive look of the second one. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! Jane this is so gorgeous, I just bought the die too, you've inspired me to play. :o)

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both adorable! The red is my fave.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Dynamic Duos No. 1