New Home Card

Hello fellow stamping obsessives!  How can I put this?  Oh yes, "I've got a neighbourhood wheel, and I'm not afraid to use it!"  I'd better explain, hadn't I?  I don't know if you remember, but a short while ago I put a call out to see if anyone knew where I could get a stamp of an interesting looking house.  To my delight, the lovely Vicky Hayes contacted me and said she had the retired SU! Neighbourhood Wheel if I wanted it.  I was so excited as this was in the first catalogue I ever saw, and I dithered and it retired, lost for ever.
But now, thanks to Vicky, I am the proud owner of this wheel.  Thanks so much, Vicky.
I've been playing with it, and I've got to confess, I've very carefully taken it off the wheel, so that I could make this:
It's to send to my aunt to let her know our new address.  I'm so fascinated by this wheel, I could have just run it along and left it, as it's so sweet.  But I stamped the middle houses again on more card, coloured them in and put them over the original on sticky fixers to give it some dimension.  It was only as I was colouring that I realised this house had a kennel.  I loved colouring it in and popping it up, as it shows that Tessa (our collie cross) has a new home, too! 
I stamped 'New Home' with my individual letters, using my SAMJ to get them level.  Such a fun card to make.  I could honestly play with SU! wheels every day and not get bored.
Thanks for coming to have a look.  I'll be back very soon with the other card I sent to my aunt.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend, everyone,
Jane xx

Comments

  1. Fabulous new home card your coloured house really pops out

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, Jane. And the little kennel is so sweet
    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card Jane, I love the simplicity of it. Hope you are feeling settled in your new home now, although I don't envy you your plumbing issues. Fingers crossed it gets resolved really soon x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pop of colour is fantastic! What a terrific card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew you'd do something lovely with the wheel Jane! I love the popped up house and the added kennel is a lovely touch. Hope everything is in its rightful place now in your new home and that the plumbing issues that Michelle mentioned aren't too much of a problem. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Dynamic Duos No. 1