Subconscious Crafting!

I feel I've come full circle as I make my first birthday card of the year, which is always for my friend's son.  He will be 9 on Sunday.  For the past few months, he, his dad and his brother have taken up Ju Jitsu.  I've known for a while the exact image I wanted to use for his card.  Check this out:
Of course, it's Teddy Bo doing his karate!  How perfect is this?  It's a digital image, so I adjusted the size to meet my needs and printed it off onto my beautiful smooth paper. I decided to give him a red belt (I actually had to research this!) so coloured his hat to match.  I've backed it with Real Red cardstock.  The tartan paper is from a nice masculine set of checks from Papercellar.  I've added some card candi bottom left in the same red as I coloured Teddy Bo's belt, grey and black.  The sentiment (Time to have fun) is by LOTV.  I cut the mount for it from a red scalloped die, then decided it was too big, so cut the scallops off with scissors anyway!  I could have just drawn a circle and cut it out.  D'oh! This is actually a gift card, so I've added a matching section inside to hold some birthday money for the recipient.
So why have I called this post 'Subconscious Crafting?  It's because I've read Enfys' new challenge on her blog, Going Buggy,  which asks us to make a card using grey, white and red, and without even realising it, that's exactly what I'd done. 
So I'd better hop over and get it entered, hadn't I? 
Thanks for popping by today, have a great day,
Jane xx

Comments

  1. Perfect card for a boy, I love it, and thanks so much Jane for taking part in the very first going buggy monthly challenge
    hugs
    Enfys x

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the best things about making cards is that you can really personalise them. I bet your friend's son will be so pleased with this! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just exactly the right card for your young martial arts enthusiast. Well done, again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning card jane.i love the fab image and your colours and design are gorgeous :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiyah Jane!!
    this is such a fab boy card, love the plaid paper too.
    Hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great card for a boy....



    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, great for a boy. Love the image & the plaid paper :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Dynamic Duos No. 1