Molly and George Again!

I hope you can see that this card is a scalloped semicircle.  It has a smaller circle in a different paper, then an even smaller circle.  All the papers are from The Linen Closet and they work really well together.  I am desperate for more plaid papers as I'd use them all the time if I could.  I found the green dotty ribbon and matching buttons in my stash, but the metal button on the right was a find that I couldn't resist using.  I sewed the thread through the button, left a long trail from it and stuck it to the little circle with the cupcake on it.  The balloon and the children's shoes have got Glossy Accents on (what fabulous stuff that is!)
Here's a close up of the children:
They are so beautifully detailed that no matter how you colour them you just can't go wrong.  I love using my Promarkers on them.
I am away to tidy my desk this morning.  I know you often see lots of blogs with 'What's on your desk Wednesday?' and they have loads of stuff all over the place.  Am I the only tidy person in cardmaking?  I tidy up after every single card I make and I regularly dust my desk so I don't get bits on my work.  I clean my cutting mat regularly and I clean my stamps after I've used them.  So what about you?  Are you a tidy crafter? 
I've also noticed that, as I'm a visual learner, I have to make the card in order to know what it's going to look like at the end.  Do you know what I mean?  The end result is usually quite different to how I'd imagined it would look.  Because of this I have a sketch book, so I can try out my ideas before they become a card.  It's quite interesting to flick through it and see how much my ideas have improved with experience.  It also helps as I get a lot of my ideas in the middle of the night, so I can sketch them out to remember them for the morning!
Have a great day everyone, thanks for stopping by.
Mrs O.

Comments

  1. Hi Jane, love your fab card. Great design and I totally agree these are gorgeous images. You have coloured them a treat too. I tend to make quite a bit of mess but TRY to tidy before I start again the next day.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card jane.the shape is brilliant and i love the sweet image and colours ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very clever, and I really like the color palette.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Dynamic Duos No. 1