In The Moonlight

Some of you will know that I get to sell some of my cards.  They are at a set price, and as I like to give value for money to my customers, I make them all 6"x6" (more or less) and they have quite a lot on them.  The trouble is, I have lots of smaller card blanks that I need to use up.  Some of them are cream and they're only 12.5cm square, and I don't feel I can charge a lot for them as they're fairly small.  So I've decided to use them for the church sale, then I can charge less for them.
And so, having experimented with my inks the other day, I came up with this.  I don't have many inks (No Tim Holtz yet - sob!) so had to play about quite a bit, and be a lot firmer than I'd expected, in order to achieve this effect.  I cut a circle of card out and held it in the middle while I sponged the lilac all over the rest of the card.  Then I removed the circle and stamped the owl image from Little Claire's Designs in the space.  I used a brown 'brilliance' ink so it looks embossed when it dries.  I realised I couldn't colour it with Promarkers otherwise it would show through the back of the card, so I just left it, and added the sentiment at the bottom.
BUT:  I know you probably know all about these, but I have just discovered 'Creatables' by Marianne Designs.  They are little dies and they're fabulous.  I've used them to make the flower that's at the top of the card.  I did it in lilac just to see how they worked, but liked it so much I added it to the card.  I am so impressed with them I think I'll be collecting quite a few.
Have a great weekend, everyone, thanks for dropping by today.
Mrs O.

Comments

  1. Hi Jane, love this technique, it's really worked so well. A very pretty acrd and love the gorgeous flower.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and so quick and easy to do, too. Another way to quickly add a design element is to put 2 post it notes vertically about 1cm apart and stamp a repeat pattern in the gap, it makes a lovely border. Also good for using stamps or partial stamping with stamps that you don't use much. Gives them a new lease of life :o) I'll hunt out a photo of some notelets that I made using this technique and put them on my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creative way to get that effect! I love seeing how you invent all kinds of new ideas with these cards...and the sentiment in the text is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card.i really love the sweet owl and great pretty colours ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Dynamic Duos No. 1