Butterfly Basics

Hello all,
Back at last and hoping to get into the flow of things again.  I can't believe I've missed a month!  It's not as though I haven't been crafting, I might have to back date a few things.
But here's a card I whipped up in a few minutes (seriously!) Everywhere you look on Pinterest at the moment, there are cards using this set.  In the end I succumbed myself and bought it and it's proved to be one of the lovliest sets I've ever bought.  This is what I made at the weekend for a friend's birthday:

As you know, I love to case, and use what I have in my stash to replicate a card I like.  The colours I used are: Island Indigo for the base, then a layer of Pool Party.  I stamped a couple of times with the water blot type stamp from the French Foliage stamp set and used the New York post stamp under the butterfly's wings (which you can't see very well, but it is there!)  Then I die cut the medium sized butterfly from the set and popped it on. I added the sentiment in Pool Party to tie things together.  And that's it.  Simple, but lovely.
I've decided to update my cardstock, as I seem to have run out of lots of colours and don't want to limit my creativity, so I've decided that I'm going to buy a new cardstock and ink every month.  So far I've bought Elegant Eggplant and Pear Pizzazz, so I'm looking forward to breaking those open.
Back soon
Jane xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Dynamic Duos No. 1