Last December Daily

Hello all!
I just thought I'd pop in with a few of my favourite December Daily pictures today.  I am so pleased that I managed to do the whole thing.

I went to do some Christmas shopping in Nottingham and found the Christmas market was on, so I was thrilled that I'd taken my camera with me.  There were loads of these little cabins selling things to eat and lots of different gifts, but there was also a skating rink.  I printed the word Nottingham on my dymo label printer, then added the sticker saying, 'our winter wonderland' from the Cosy Christmas set.  

We had my husband's firm's Christmas Party on the 19th.   Another photo opportunity not to be missed.  For the bottom 6x4 section I've cut down a 12x12 sheet from the Cosy Christmas basics set, which turned out to be very useful, I'm really glad I bought it.

To display the photos from my own work's Christmas party, I took a piece of the Cosy Christmas 12x12 cardstock and cut it down to 12x8.  Then I hole-punched it, put it in my album and folded it in half, right up to the holes.  We actually had a nice meal and an Abba tribute band, who were really good.  This is what it looks like when you open it out:

I backed each photo with some contrasting patterned paper and put a file tab top on one of the photos and a sticker. The wooden stag was part of a Christmas set from Hobbycraft.

This was one of my favourite days over Christmas, when we got together with all the children and grandchildren to exchange presents.  I love how this worked out and would like to do a lot more pages like this.  I just love adding little embellishments like this.

One of the Simple Stories Cosy Christmas pages that works all by itself:


And finally, a calendar page for December.  I added the numbers in from my Tim Holtz alphabet stickers.  The centre circle is a stamp from Little Claire's Designs, which says, 'Unto us a child is born.'  I coloured the squares for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day in gold sharpie pen, then added a strip of washi tape across the middle:



So that's it for December 2014!  I so enjoyed this project and look forward to doing something similar for Christmas this December.  I learned a lot of tips and techniques to take forward into my life documentation for this year.  I hope you've enjoyed having a look at my little attempt at a December Daily.
But we are in a new year and I'll be back soon with some cards and possibly my first few pages of Project Life for January.
Back soon
Jane xx

Comments

  1. Well done for getting it finished. What a lovely book of memories you have made x x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Dynamic Duos No. 1