Project Life Progress


Hello all!
I'm still having loads of fun with Project Life.  I've kept a diary all my life but I'm also a woman who likes a lot of paper and PL definitely satisfies that side to my character.  In fact I've decided that PL is the place to keep all those little stickers, notes, leaflets and postcards that you just can't live without.  So instead of tucking them away in a box somewhere, they'll be in my album where I can look at them and get pleasure from them every day.

 

This is a spread from early June.  I am dithering now as to which layout I prefer, because at the time it was this one but now I think I prefer Design A because I've learned to treat all the 6x4 pockets as mini scrapbook pages, but it took a while (and many, many hours trawling Pinterest!) to work out how to do those.
 
 

The colour scheme for this page turned out to be Calypso Coral and Pear Pizzazz but I didn't plan this at the outset, it just worked out that way.
I wanted to use photos of my garden as we've just started really working on it and it's looking pretty good.  I also used some stamps from various stamp sets.  Can you see the little hedgehog mowing the grass at the bottom?  It's a cute little stamp from Little Claire's Designs that I've had for ages.  Another one is of a woman peeking out from the grass and the wording says, "I fought the lawn and the lawn won!" a sentiment we can all identify with!
 
 
 
This is my favourite two page spread so far.  It followed a trip to the beach a  couple of weeks' ago.  We had quite a giggle (especially playing crazy golf, we won't go there!)
By now I'm starting to get a little bit adventurous with each pocket.  I have used some of my Tim Holtz letter stickers actually on a photo (top left).  The word 'Seaside' was in a Tesco catalogue.  It's in white on a grey background and that helped me decide my colour scheme as I have some lovely grey MME paper to use up. 
Also in the middle is a bottle top with a bucket and spade on it.  I've had these for years and years and never had the nerve to run them through my Bigshot, but it actually squashed like butter, I was most impressed.
I've kept the golf score card in the bottom left pocket.
 
Sorry these pictures aren't great, but I think you can see the seals in a couple of the pics.  The sweetest things turned out to be the Meerkats in the Seal Sanctuary.  We went through the tropical butterfly house too and got some good photos in there.  I've had fun putting little stickers on some of the photos.  I've ordered loads of new ones from October Afternoon.
I'm having so much fun with PL.  I've actually ordered some 12x12 pockets as I want to do a couple of full page spreads, so when they're done I'll show you.
Clearly I'm going to have to improve my photography skills if I'm going to show you any more!
Thanks for looking in today.  Your comments are much appreciated.
Back soon
Jane
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Dynamic Duos No. 1