Project Life - My Style


I've been keeping a journal since the summer.  I've always kept a diary but I've wanted to add illustrations for ages.  I've just had to wait for the perfect book to use.  This is actually a sketch book from W H Smith.
It's part smash book, part diary, part art journal.  I'm very pleased with a lot of the pages

And then occasionally one turns out to be a total disaster!

Okay, it started out well, went down hill rapidly and then I dropped a stamp on it and didn't know how to cover it up!
And all the while, I kept seeing articles and pictures on Pinterest about Project Life.  At first I didn't even understand what it was, but I've gradually put two and two together and decided I really like it.  Anyone who likes scrapbooking is bound to, really. 
Then it took ages to find out if anyone stocks the stuff in the UK (Hobbycraft as it turns out.  Probably others).  And then I looked at the price!
There's no way, with all these stamps and bits of dsp laying around, that I can possibly justify spending more money on a kit.
So I looked through my stash and developed a system of my own.  Here's my first complete two page spread:

I used the colour scheme from the Fresh Vintage dsp, Calypso Coral, Pool Party and Lucky Limeade.  I've decided that I can pick a colour bar, like the Lucky Limeade section, which stretches the whole width of the page, if I have a photo and want to write about it.  I can fill in the gaps with half width rectangles, either to write on or add an image.  Any spare space will be taken up with matching dsp etc.  The card on the bottom right is a proper journal card from October Afternoon.  There'll be a lot more of those coming soon.
The only limit is your own imagination.  So much of my stash will be used up this way.  It can be as simple or as complicated as you like. 
All the corners are rounded too, it makes a big difference to the look of the page.
Now I'm tempted to go back to the page that I think is disasterous and re-do it this way.  What do you think?  If I've whetted your appetite, there's loads more inspiration on Pinterest and even loads of free journaling cards that you can download.
Thanks for dropping in today.  I'd love to know what you think.
Back soon with a Christmas card.
Happy crafting everyone!
Jane xx

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Dynamic Duos No. 1