Project Life Progress

This is my second go at a Project Life type of page.  Can I just say I have nothing against PL at all, I think it all looks fantastic, but I just can't afford it and have so much dsp in my house, it would be insanity to go and buy some more.
So this is how I'm doing my pages.  The colour scheme for this one is Baja Breeze (good way to use up retired cardstock too, you see) and Cherry Cobbler.  There is a bit of dsp from Echo Park on the first page, which I really love.  This way I get to keep some for myself.  It's the same paper I used to make the Christmas card in my previous post.
The biggest development (and there is a pun here, much as I'd like to avoid it) is that I found a photo developing shop in town that develops photos straight from my phone with a great deal of ease.  They print off two photos on a sheet of 4"x6" paper so you can cut them in half, and that's what I've done on these pages.  I was so excited at being able to do this!
Here is the next layout:

I think this is my favourite so far, as I love the colour scheme and the winter theme.  This was all about Christmas shopping in Nottingham.  It started with the envelope in the bottom right hand corner which holds some more information about the art exhibition I went to, which is described on the previous layout.  I decided to match it with Real Red and Crumb Cake and wrote with my awesome white pen. 
This page was made after my recent visit to Hobbycraft, as I've used one of the metal paper clips on the envelope, can you see it?  I've also used my teeny tiny Tim Holtz letter stickers.  I'm very pleased with this page.  Hope you like it and it inspires you to have a go.  It's a great way of recording even the small things you do in the space of a week.  I'd be keeping a diary anyway, but this is such a fun way of doing it.
I hope you're all having a wonderful Christmas time.  If you're taking lots of photos of family and friends, this might be a great way of storing them.
Back soon I'm sure
Jane xx

Comments

  1. Happy New Year Jane! I hope you had a lovely Christmas. These layouts are fantastic, what a wonderful way of recording your memories, and I love the different colour schemes you have chosen. x x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Dynamic Duos No. 1