The Friday Mashup! #96

Evening, everyone!
I've recently decided to cut down on the number of challenge blogs I follow to help myself stay focused a bit more, so the plan is to enter the ones I've got left as often as possible.
So I've made a card for this week's Friday Mashup challenge, which is:
1. Make a project with a "Time Theme".
2. Or Make a project using the "Color Black".
3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project with a " Time theme using the color Black".

I can't believe this challenge has come along the day after I've ordered the SU! Clockworks set.  Of course, it won't arrive in time for this challenge, so I had to get my thinking cap on.  It wasn't long before I did what any sensible girl would do, and ran to my local craft shop for inspiration.
I ended up buying an embossing folder, and this is what I made:
At first I tried embossing black cardstock, but didn't like it, so then I swapped and got some green core'dinations out.  I'd been playing with Lucky Limeade earlier (which this isn't, even though it's very similar!)  I just gave a little rub with sandpaper to the cardstock and I felt like nothing was happening at first, but it's turned out really well. 
I stamped the words Tempus Fugit onto another piece of black cardstock with white (kraft) ink and used one of the lovely little frames to hold it in place.  There is a tiny little brad at either end.
I really enjoyed making this card and am thrilled to be entering it at The Friday Mashup.  I'm pleased to have made a blatantly masculine card, too.
Thanks for looking in today, let me know what you think.  I'm off for a cruise round Blogland to see what you've all been up to.
Happy stamping, everyone!
Jane xx

Comments

  1. What a great embossing folder! I had to look up your saying. :) I'm glad we made the challenge blog cut. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Dynamic Duos No. 1