Monday, 14 November 2011

Special Blessings

I'd like you to meet the card I made that made me take the plunge with Stampin Up!:
This beautiful dove is from a stamp set called 'Special Blessings.'  As soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it and I bought it in the nick of time before it retired.  It comes with a cross in the same design and some sentiments regarding baptisms and weddings.  The cross would be beautiful for a sympathy card and for Easter.
I'd seen this card in a book by Kimber McGray and it's another one of those that took me a month to collect everything together so I could make it.
I've run the white cardstock through my Bigshot with a polka dot embossing folder, then stamped the dove and the polka dots on the kraft card.  I didn't think it was very bright so I heat embossed it with white embossing powder and was very pleased with the result.  The ribbon was a bit of a bargain in Derby market, as it was only 19p a metre.  I decided to splash out (the last of the big spenders!)  Hopefully I can go there again as she had some fabulous buttons, too, which would have made a focal point on a card with very little else.
How do you know if you've made a good card?  I find, if I stare at a card for ages and ages after I've made it, it means it's a good card!  Do you have anything like that where your brain knows you've come up with a good idea?  Or maybe it's just me!!  Let me know. 
I'm off to make a mug of hot chocolate before bed, and to look around at what you've all been up to. 
Thanks for dropping in today, your comments are much appreciated.
Jane xx

7 comments:

  1. Stunning card Jane, so elegant. Love the ribbon and pin detail.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Jane and well done for getting the stamp set before it retired


    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. so gorgeous jane.stunning colours and design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the embossed border. Once again, a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card with gorgeous detail - very stylish. I've just bought some fancy pins like yours from Ebay with that very intention.

    I either love my cards or hate them, there's no real inbetween

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why you're pleased with this Jane - it's gorgeous! I love the subtle colours, the texture and the pins give it a great finish. Vx

    ReplyDelete