Monday, 2 February 2015

Card For Michelle

Hello all,
It's a bit nippy, isn't it?  We haven't had a lot of snow, though, fortunately.  
I've had a week off work and I've been packing, but also doing loads of french and getting some cards made.
In January the card swap group challenge was to use a definite shape on your card, like a square, rectangle, circle, etc.  As it turned out, the majority of people went for hexagons in one way or another and they were all fabulous.
This is the card I made for Michelle:

I've used Pool Party and Lucky Limeade, with some of the lovely Fresh Vintage paper. I can't believe I've still got some of that in my stash.
It's been absolute ages since I made one of these cards and it's silly really because they're very easy and fun to make.
The whole piece of Lucky Limeade cardstock measures 28cm x 11 cm.  I scored at 7cm from either end and folded it over.  I cut two pieces of matching dsp at 10.5cm x 6.5cm and stuck them to both flaps.  Then I cut my ovals from the Pool Party cardstock.  I ran the small plain oval through my Big Shot using the oval embossing folder.  Then I stamped my image from the Clearly For You stamp set onto white cardstock and punched it out, then stuck it in the oval space.  I glued the scalloped oval down on the left hand side and the small oval on the right hand side, so I could slot it into the big oval, and there you have it.  Actually very easy and the result is a lovely, unusual card.
I'll be back soon to show you how my Project Life album is shaping up so far this year.
Happy crafting
Jane xx

1 comment:

  1. My card is still taking pride of place on my mantelpiece. I love the Fresh Vintage paper so much, one of my favourites. Good luck with the move x x

    ReplyDelete