Cards With Words

Last month I challenged the Card Swap Group to make a card where the wording was the main focus.  This is the card I made for Margaret King at http://makingpapercrafts.blogspot.co.uk/
All the cardstock is Very Vanilla.  I haven't used any of this for ages and had forgotten how beautiful it is, completely different from white.  I cut out the central piece with my framelits dies and held it in place on the base card so I could stamp the wording (from Clarity Stamps) then stuck the top panel in place, raised up on sticky fixers.  The dark ink used throughout is Chocolate Chip.
Then I stamped the leaves on some spare pieces of Very Vanilla cs and stamped on them with the Gently Falling stamp set, which I am really in love with.  It's a two step stamp set.  Sometimes I use the stamp-a-ma-jig and sometimes I don't and to be honest, the results are just as good, as it's not something that has to be perfectly lined up to look good.
I fussy cut the leaves out and then arranged them on the card.  My only regret was that I was going to run the top layer of Very Vanilla through the square lattice embossing folder and forgot, but seeing the card again, I think it looks fine like this.  Maybe that's a good excuse to make another one?!
Thanks for looking in today.  My Blogger still doesn't work properly, I don't think it ever will now.
Back soon
Jane x

Comments

  1. Love the sentiment that you've used, Jane

    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. And BEAUTIFUL in real life! Thanks Jane
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Dynamic Duos No. 1