Card Swap Group No. 2

Hello, sorry I am a bit late with this post, peeps, but April turned out to be a very hectic month, with cardmaking and everything else.
Quite early in April I received this fab card from Margaret King, as part of our card swaps:


Sorry the photo doesn't do it justice really, you can get a better look at it and see all the details (and the fun Margaret had making it!) here.  She is a very talented crafter and her blog is well worth a perusal.  I love her style, she is the queen of the neutral card!
This is a lovely combination of Early Espresso and Pool Party, which I'm definitely going to have to play with very soon.  Thankyou Margaret, it's such a lovely card.  

It was also Margaret's birthday in April, so the whole group made her a card.  This is what I came up with:
Remember, I'm making this for someone who loves her neutrals, so it was with a sweating brow I pulled this stamp out for the first time.  The stamp is from the Postage Due set and I'm in love with it!  I inked it up in Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Early Espresso and stamped it onto Very Vanilla cardstock.  It was at this point that I remembered I was making a card for a milestone birthday, not just a normal date, and got out my new set of stamps by Creative Expressions, called Vintage Alphabet.  I got a set of capital letters, lower case and numbers and they're lovely to stamp with. This is just the sort of thing I want to be making with them. I raised the top section up on dimensionals and used a scallop border punch at the bottom.
I've used some of the natural trim ribbon across the card (fabulous stuff!) and added a brad and some tags with my jewellery tag punch.
I went a bit wild with the inside:
I couldn't resist adding some of the postage stamp images that come with the set.  I'm so glad now I bought the postage punch ages ago.  It's quite thrilling to ink these stamps in different colours and see how they come out.  I had a lot of fun with this, as you can see!
Margaret liked the card, anyway, which is a relief!
I'm so looking forward to seeing what everyone makes this month.
If you feel like joining us, leave me your email address and I'll get in touch.
Thanks for looking in today, I love to read your comments.  If you've been dropping by regularly, why not become a follower?
Back soon
Jane x

Comments

  1. Hi Jane, love your cards, the birthday one is just fabulous. Hope your keeping well and still enjoying your work. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Dynamic Duos No. 1