Playing With Pines and Poinsettias

I have spent many hours trawling the internet trying to find ways that people have used the Pines and Poinsettias stamp set from last year as I've borrowed it from a friend.  I also bought the Holly Berry Bouquet dsp, so that I could use both items together.  I had quite an adventure in the end, come and have a look:
For the first card I drew a circle around one of my little SU brads containers and stamped the image all the way around, then rubbed the pencil line out.  I deliberately did it on white cardstock and the card is very clean and fresh looking.  The real red card base is 4" square.  I've stamped the sentiment, cut it out and propped it up on dimensionals.  The word 'merry' is from the Pennant Parade set.  Although Pines and Poinsettias is retired, there's probably something in the new catalogue that would work in a similar way.
Then I saw a video on Youtube here where a girl makes some lovely tags.  I decided to have a go and then put them on a card with some of the Holly Berry dsp, like this:

This is very vanilla cardstock, but I've gone over it with some Tim Holtz old paper distress ink, then stamped round the edge with the flourish from the stamp set in crumb cake, then stamped the pines and the poinsettias.  This is gorgeous in real life. 
Once I'd got this vintage feel into my system, I took it a step further:

I'm so pleased with this.  It's the first time in years that I've embossed the actual card base.  This is a beautiful looking card in real life. 
The cardstock is: very vanilla, crumb cake, soft suede
Markers: chocolate chip, real red, wild wasabi and cherry cobbler.
Ribbon: chocolate chip.
I hope these cards have made you feel Christmassy and want to go into your craft space and start creating.   Christmas is definitely coming, and at least now I feel a little bit more prepared for it.
Happy stamping, everyone!
Jane xx

Comments

  1. Lovely card Jane love this little stamp set

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are stunning Jane, the stamping is absolutely gorgeous. Michelle x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous cards, Jane

    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely array of poinsettia cards. Lovely colour combos and work on all of them :) Giggled at your comment re: going after the handmade tags when they get tossed. I actually did one year - no way putting all that hard work to waste - they were "up cycled" on to cards ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Dynamic Duos No. 1