Cagey Card

My darling hubby bought me a subscription to Simply Cards and Papercraft magazine as a Christmas present, then not long after that I went off it (daren't tell hubby!) so I've decided I have to make the best of it and see what projects I can make out of it each month.  This is what I've made this time:
I've basically cased the card from the magazine, as the original had a fairy on it, which I just couldn't do (interesting technique though it was!) but I liked the colour scheme very much, and the fact that it uses this birdcage die from Tim Holtz, which obviously I have in my possession!
Let's start from the bottom and work upwards:
Layer 1: 5"x7" more mustard cardstock, stamped around the edge with the Dot Dot Dot background stamp in white ink.
Layer 2: Papers from the Prima Botanical paper stack that was free with the magazine.  The edges were distressed.  You can't really see, but the bottom edge of the top paper is cut along with the Martha Stewart heart punch.
Layer 3: The birdcage, cut from watercolour paper and distressed with Shabby Shutters and Broken China inks.  I cut the flower with a Marianne die and punched out the butterfly, which has two layers.  I printed the ticket from Whimsey Stamps) in cherry cobbler ink on more mustard cs, cut it out and screwed it up, after stamping the word SOAR with my individual letter stamps.  There is a little button at the bottom right hand corner, tied with linen thread, just peeking out at the bottom of the photo.
Actually, to give the magazine some credit, I really enjoyed making this and loved finding another use for my birdcage die, which is a joy to work with.
Back soon, I'm sure,
Jane xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Dynamic Duos No. 1