Card For Ebony

I finally feel as if my mojo has come back.  I made a list yesterday of all the craft things I want to make over the next few weeks and there are 20 things on the list, which means my mojo is in full flow, do you know what I mean?
The next thing is, I have to make a rule that I don't craft after 8pm, as it sets my brain alight and I can't go to sleep when I go to bed.  Last night I was up until 12.30 crafting.  That's no good, is it?!
Anyway, here is the card that I made for my beautiful granddaughter this August:
I was researching for another project and came across a tri-shutter card and decided it would be perfect for the project I had in mind.  There are different styles of shutter card, where the panels are rectangular, but the design I saw had square panels.  It took ages trawling the net for some instructions and dimensions to make one like this.
Have a closer look at the stamped image:
This image is from LOTV.  I was so thrilled when I rememberd it, because my granddaughter looks exactly like this little girl from the back, and my daughter has just bought a black labrador puppy.  It couldn't be more perfect, could it?!
The cardstock is Baja Breeze, and the dsp is Twitterpated from SU! (but you knew that, didn't you?) I had no intention of using this paper on a card just yet, (still at the stroking stage, I'm afraid!)  but I coloured the little girl in and realised I'd used the perfect colours for this dsp.  I cut the three panels out, two of which have computer generated wording, then drew round the same die on Baja Breeze card and painstakingly cut them out so each white panel has a narrow border round it.  I was very pleased with the result and my granddaughter loved it apparently.  It wasn't the simplest card to make, but I'd definitely make another one.
Thanks for popping in today, let me know what you think, I really appreciate all of your comments. 
I've realised this card is the perfect thing to enter in this month's Little Claire's Designs challenge blog.  The theme this month is No.24, Best Friends.  This card certainly fits the bill, don't you think?
Back again soon, I hope,
Happy crafting everyone.
Jane xx

Comments

  1. A gorgeous card Jane, love the design and cute image.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card,Jane. Easy to see why your granddaughter loved it.
    Had a look back on your previous posts and I love all of the cards that you have made recently
    I'm struggling to get back into my routine after my holidays, both of them lol

    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder she loved it, it's a great card! Well done for being brave and cutting into the paper -- it's much nicer on a card than sitting in a drawer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jane, oh wow thats one stunning card, love the shape and your colouring is just fabulous. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Jane, glad your Granddaughter loved it. Brave girl cutting into your Twitterpated paper, mine is still in its packet! Perhaps I should follow your example. Can't wait to see what else you come up with. My mojo seems to be in mothballs at the mo! x x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Q Challenge # 121 and Freshly Made Sketches # 19

Freshly Made Sketches No. 22

Dynamic Duos No. 1