CASE Study Challenge No 74

Hello All,
I can't believe I'm posting again so soon, but I really don't want to miss the challenge over at the CASE Study challenge blog.
I've been following this blog for a couple of months, and absolutely love what they do, but haven't had the nerve to join in until now.
Instead of a picture for inspiration, they have a monthly guest designer who submits a card for you to CASE (CASE stands for Copy And Share Everything), which is fabulous for me.
This is the card for this week:
As I have said before, I can't paint or draw, so I'm no artist, but lately, with cards like this, I seem to be putting myself through a process, which I've applied to my own card making.  Do you ever find yourself asking questions like, Why is this card so appealing?  Why does it work?  Who would the recipient be?  I find answering these questions (and others) really helps me with my own design process. 
With this card, I found the simplicity of the shapes very attractive.  I liked the fact that the papers in each shape are different, but the style and colour tone is the same. 
So I set about making my own card, and here it is:
I decided to play quite a bit first, as this type of challenge is new to me, and not to pressure myself to make a card.  I knew I wanted to use all these pinks (all SU) and loved playing with this shape, it's very mathmatical and simple (just squares with opposit corners rounded).  I tried it first with stamped flowers, then butterflies and finally with this simple circular stamp, which is actually one of the tree tops from the Trendy Trees stamp set.


 I framed each one with a square in the same colour and added the 'Thinking of you' sentiment, which is in the same set.  I was very pleased with the result.  It's quite a departure for me, no ribbon, candi etc, just taking card making right back to basics.  In the end I felt as if I'd been to an art class, and learned a lot, without even leaving my own desk.  How cool is that?  So, thankyou CASE study, you've made my day!
Thanks for looking in today, peeps, and I'd really appreciate your comments.  Have you had any formal art training?  Do you think it makes a difference to your creative side?  I'd love to know what you think.
Jane xx

Comments

  1. Love the swirls! I really love stamps with abstract and graphic shapes that lend themselves to all kinds of uses. And I totally agree with your comment about CASE Study challenges as a learning experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! Jane, this is so lovely. The colours and image you've used are just perfect.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat idea and very effective in its simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet card, Jane! Thank you for joining us at CASE Study this week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous card jane.i love the fab modern design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane what lovely CAS card love the soft colours you have used...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card, thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week! : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Card Swap Group No. 2

Reset Girl June Challenge

Card for Olive